The foreign investments in property in Bulgaria have witnessed a rapid growth in the last years. Our law firm has a significant experience in the field and is able to meet the requirements of the increasing number of foreign and domestic investors in real estate as well as the challenges of large construction and infrastructure projects. Lazarkov & Popov provides a full range of services to local and foreign clients. We work in collaboration with two real estate agencies which allows us to provide a full service to his clients in the area of real estate.
Our areas of work include:
- Selection of appropriate real estate upon preliminary set criteria.
- Negotiations and representation.
- Investigation of the ownership rights and possible encumbrances of real estates.
- Tax and other consultations regarding property acquisitions.
- Obtaining bank loans for purchasing real estates and advices in mortgages.
- Drafting of all legal documents for acquisition of real estate (preliminary contract, notary deed, etc.).
- Mortgages and pledges (pledges of commercial enterprises, securities, receivables, mortgages of real estates).
- Property development, obtaining required construction and development permits and authorizations, relations with public authorities, infrastructure and utility companies, drafting construction contracts, sale or lease agreements or other contracts for the utilization of commercial properties.
- Establishment of local special purpose companies.
- Rent and lease (operational or financial) of real estate, equipment, etc.
- Infrastructure projects – consultation on the legal framework, assistance during the implementation of the project, negotiating and drafting transaction documents, negotiations with public authorities.
- Property litigation, including handling restitution claims.